As we age, we seem to ask ourselves more often than not “where did my memory and focus go?” Here are some basics on brain health and what you can do to strengthen it, that will help in your professional and personal life.
Brain facts and basics – The brain is the organ of personality, character, and intelligence.
- The brain is involved in everything you do-think, feel, interact with others.
- There are more connections in the brain than there are stars in the universe.
- When your brain works right, you work right.
- The brain is the consistency of tofu, custard, housed in a hard skull.
- A healthy brain is; focused, happy, relaxed, and effective.
What hurts the brain?
- Toxic fumes
- Lack of exercise
- Chronic stress-need stress management techniques
- Caffeine-constricts blood flow to the brain
- Negative thinking
- Brain injuries-contact sports; boxing, football, soccer
What helps the brain?
- Proper Hormonal balance
- Sex – decreases depression, helps memory, lessons pain, 3x per week has been proven to decrease the rate of heart attack and stroke by 50%!
- Constantly doing new projects
- Healthy diet
- Vitamins such as Omega 3’s and Vitamin D
- Social connections – hobby/club, have to remember peoples name, etc.
- Positive thinking! Especially gratitude-focus on what you love-more coordinated when you focus on what you love.
Exercise - Do this daily!
Write down 5 things you are grateful for everyday either when you wake up or before going to bed; food, dog, family, health, etc.
What decreases blood flow from the brain-impairs memory and the ability to concentrate?
- Lack of sleep
- Inhaling toxic stuff
- Low thyroid
- Anemia (low iron stores)
Symptoms of an unhealthy brain
- Distract easily
- Not as effective in general
Best foods for the brain
About the Author
As a Nutritionist, I specialize in hormonal balance, and Metabolic Typing. My passion is to educate women and provide answers to health concerns through; lectures, written material and clinical work. To learn more, please visit my website at www.intunhealth.com!
In addition, I have started a campaign to publish my first book! It’s time to re-ignite your excitement for life! Here is the link! http://tinyurl.com/mykickstart
About What’s For Work?
The Premier Career Site for Women. http://www.whatsforwork.com
Our Mission: Provide a community that encourages members, employers and providers to work together; to inspire and help each other grow.